You are looking for a challenge not only in your daily responsibilities but also in the subject matter that comes through your inbox. Editing is your passion.
We are building our content team at a time when there is white space—we will rely on you for your creativity and expertise. In the Associate Editor job, you advocate for and hold our brand to the highest of standards. You internalize brand guidelines and thrive in the details. Your unique ability to balance nuanced messaging and technical editing will be essential to the quality of the Institute’s external facing content.
Our communications and marketing team is transforming our organization’s content strategy—join us and help us communicate the ideas that will move our society toward one of mutual benefit, where people succeed by helping others improve their lives.
Your Responsibilities Include
• Write and edit copy for a variety of communications and policy products, to include emails, web copy, educational and promotional materials, newsletters, and research
• Provide feedback and edit, proofread, and fact-check support to individuals and teams producing content
• Manage production and approval pipeline for written content
• Keep abreast of changes to Associated Press and Chicago styles and actively maintain the house style guide
• Serve as a resource on grammar and style to staff and students; depending on candidate’s interest, could include leading educational sessions or trainings
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
Experience working with internal service teams and customers
Degree in English, writing, or communications
Working knowledge of Associated Press and Chicago styles
Familiarity with Adobe InCopy
All candidates will be required to submit a writing sample
You’re unique. And we love that about you. We’ve learned that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
The Charles Koch Institute and Charles Koch Foundation are working to advance a free society that best achieves long-term peace, civility, and well-being. We do this by supporting universities, non-profits, and professional training programs to find the ideas and talent that will stimulate a movement and change the world.
Because here, your life’s work matters.