You take pride in helping to keep the ship running smoothly. Organization? You wrote the book. You perform best when the pressure is on, keeping your cool as you flex and adjust with the dexterity of an ergonomic office chair.
Smooth sailing doesn’t happen by accident, and careful planning and prioritization is critical to your organization’s efficiency and success. Even the tiniest of details deserves your attention, and you take pleasure in checking “complete” on tasks both big and small.
Being challenged in a fast-paced environment is as critical to you as the smallest detail in a carefully crafted email. And though you can handle your own, you’re not a lone wolf. You excel best in a supportive, team-based culture.
Join us and you’ll find fulfillment in helping others achieve success!
Your Responsibilities Include
• Greeting guests of the Institute upon arrival and directing each person to the correct destination
• Answering the telephone; screen and directing calls; taking and relaying messages
• Assisting with packages and distributing mail
• Processing invoice payments; preparing purchasing card reconciliations and reimbursement forms
• Fulfilling general administrative duties and providing support to operations team as needed
• Maintaining the reception area and restocking kitchen
Required Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
• 1+ years of professional experience in an office or similar setting
• High degree of professionalism
• Customer focus mentality and ability to anticipate needs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and a high degree of professionalism
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and take initiative to meet deadlines
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Excitement for the ideas of a free society
• High school diploma required
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
• SharePoint experience
• Proficiency with Outlook, Word, and Excel or ability to learn quickly
You’re unique. And we love that about you. We’ve learned that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
The Charles Koch Institute and the Charles Koch Foundation are working to advance a free and open society that best achieves long-term peace, civility, and mutual benefit. We do this by supporting universities, non-profits, and professional training programs to find the ideas and talent that will stimulate a movement and change the world.
Because here, your life’s work matters.