You believe ideas have the power to change the world and you are passionate about making sure the best ideas are part of the national conversation. You are known for cultivating strong relationships with journalists while also strategizing and executing comprehensive effective media outreach.
Are you looking for an opportunity that needs your expertise and experience to take an organization’s media strategy to the next level? Then we hope to consider you for this leadership role on our communications and marketing team.
As the Communications Director we would count on you to develop a communications strategy that fosters a national conversation on critical issues that impact societal well-being. You would also be relied upon to develop and coach a team of driven professionals eager to grow their contribution.
Our vision is to advance a free society that achieves long-term peace, civility, and well-being. Come join us in doing the kind of good that matters most.
Your Responsibilities Include
• Supervise, develop, and work with the media team to develop and drive a communications and media placement strategy from conception to implementation for specific issue area
• Work with the communications team and teams across the organization to develop plans and cultivate communications strategies
• Coordinate and work with other members from the communications team in executing strategy, which includes digital, research, events, and partnerships
• Develop strategies to pitch and place work in national, state and local news outlets
• Cultivate relationships with key media outlets and reporters
• Develop the strategies that results in the writing of press releases, and op-eds
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
• 7-10 years’ experience in strategic media relations or public relations
• Must be passionate about communications and media relations with finger on the pulse of the latest industry trends
• Must be a strategic thinker with experience conceiving and leveraging relationships
• Demonstrated strength in building, managing, and motivating high-performance teams
• Ability to build strong collaborative relationships with a diverse range of partners
• Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to influence at multiple levels of the organization
• Ability to shape and harness qualitative and quantitative research to drive good economic decision-making
• Strong analytical skill set, capable of analyzing and reacting to results-oriented data
You’re unique. And we love that about you. We’ve learned that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
The Charles Koch Institute and Charles Koch Foundation are working to advance a free society that best achieves long-term peace, civility, and well-being. We do this by supporting universities, non-profits, and professional training programs to find the ideas and talent that will stimulate a movement and change the world.
Because here, your life’s work matters.