You are recognized as a trusted leader with a reputation as a best-in-class mentor and coach. You are most fulfilled when you see your team exceeding goals and being empowered to do their best work. If this sounds like you, keep reading.
The university investments team is a core component of the Foundation’s efforts to support university-based research centers and other academic opportunities exploring the ideas of a free society. This team is made up of high-impact, critical thinkers passionate about our vision. We are looking for a leader to match them in drive and initiative—someone who can challenge them to be the most impactful versions of themselves, proactively align their activities to those that create the most value, and be a strong partner in their professional development.
We are looking for an experienced leader with a proven ability to develop exceedingly effective teams and lead a highly-integrated capability. If this sounds like you and you are ready to take the next step in your growing career, then you can be a key driver of our team and organizational success.
Your Responsibilities Include
• Provide direct supervision, dedicated mentoring, and coaching to a dynamic team of 6-8
• Identify team best practices and improve upon internal systems with an experienced eye towards growth
• Establish clear ownership for project tasks, ensure that team members have the tools they need to be successful, and that their activities align with strategy as well as their individual strengths and abilities
• Work closely with the Director to report on team activities and proactively communicate progress and challenges
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
• 7+ years of strategic leadership, team building and supervisory experience
• Demonstrated success and interest in supervising a team, supporting their professional development, and forecasting for future growth
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the demonstrated ability to apply these skills in coalition building across internal teams
• Entrepreneurial spirit, humility, and high sense of urgency
• A passion for and understanding of the principles of classical liberalism
• Bachelor’s degree
You’re unique. And we love that about you. We’ve learned that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
The Charles Koch Institute and Charles Koch Foundation are working to advance a free society that best achieves long-term peace, civility, and well-being. We do this by supporting universities, non-profits, and professional training programs to find the ideas and talent that will stimulate a movement and change the world.
Because here, your life’s work matters.